Moral: Don't rush to get finished.
|This is not Verazial but it is an avoodim.|
Verazial was a male avoodim figher (siegebreaker). If you haven't been following along with Porphyra, avoodims are one of the races from Fehr's Ethnology. During the NewGods War many goodly souls were called into service to stand as Archons with the forces of good. Not all measured up to the requirements of the most high. Those failures became known as "The Lost" in Celestial or Avood in Common.
Many avoodim wander the Material Plane trying to find their true purpose and restore their lost divinity. Meanwhile they must struggle with the knowledge that when it counted, when they were most needed they had failed in their duties. Verazial didn't talk much, not that you could with Billy Cutring in the group, but he focused on this craft and his martial form.
Verazial was a siegebreaker. An archetype created by Owen K.C. Stephens for Heroes of the Streets. Siegebreakers excell at smashing into opponents, pulling opponents around, and knocking them down. The archetype says, The siegebreaker is trained to break through lines of enemy soldiers, and that is exactly what Verazial did through seven levels of the Emerald Spire. Throughout the dungeon he stomped and clopped in his magic cold iron spiked full plate. He worked very well as a martial controller. In the end, a badly-wounded Verazial bullrushed a babau demon back through an abyssal portal. He could not escape the magics as the portal closed and was sucked into the Abyss as well. He died on his feet preventing an incursion of demons into Porphyra so at the end he both continued to fail while still serving a greater purpose.
I need to make a new 8th level character to go back to the spire.
- I fixed the DCC Madness bundle this morning.
- I recieved new art in from Brett Neufeld for Monsters of Porphyra III. Based on one of Tammy's monster suggestions (pictured right).
- I commissioned a new piece of art from Jacob Blackmon.
- I recieved a couple Giants for Giants of Porphyra that I will have to review early in the week. It has been a long time since I looked at that book and wanted to get a uniform feel for it before soliciting more material. Sometimes things just land on your desk though (or in this case email).
- N. Jolly sent over the scrub document for Kineticists of Porphyra II.
- I added some background material to the draumrgeiss in MoP 3 that Perry sent over.
- Perry continues to send me edits, corrections, and additional text for Monsters of Porphyra II. Gary Dupuis will be doing the cover.