|Female karza drow by Gary Dupuis.|
What Has Recently Come Out?
We have released about 12 new products in the last three weeks or so. I haven't been updating the blog nearly enough so you might have missed some of these.
- Unchained Monk Archetypes by Carl Cramer. This product came about because Carl noticed that with the release of Pathfinder Unchained the old monk archetypes didn't really fit the revised class well. Seeing a gap in the market, he wrote up this expansion. Little did he or I know that Alexander Augunas had already written his own book, Everyman Unchained: Monk Archetypes. I think either book could serve your needs if you need update archetypes.
- Stock Art: We have a number of new pieces included the unchained monk, elder sphinx, arcane sphinx, female half-sphinx, and male half-sphinx. I'm actually quite a ways behind on uploading stock art right now. I'll try to get that caught up this week.
- Legendary Races: Sphinx by Julian Neale and Perry Fehr. Julian and Perry co-wrote this book after I suggested I wanted to return to the Legendary Races line. We have similar books on cyclops, medusa, rakshasa, and harpies previously. They have been well-recieved by customers, but I have trouble attracting writers to this line. This volume tended to be quite art heavy with a ton of illustrations by Jacob Blackmon so we actually delayed its release until the print version became available. I went with a saddle-stitch on this book instead of perfect bound,... I'm not sure which one I like better.
- Drow of Porphyra - Karza, Children of the Loomqueen by Patricia Willenborg. Patricia really, really, really likes drow. A statement that should come as no surprise to anyone who has been to her website. Patricia had done some work for 4WFG in the past and we wanted her to put her voice to the drow for our campaign setting. This is the first of seven volumes in this series.
- The Kingpin by Angel R. Miranda. This is a skill-focused class written by Angel and developed by Carl in response to an open call I placed on the Paizo boards for skill-based classes. This is the first class to come out of that open call. There is at least one more that needs some final polish. I expect to see it out in early July.
- Warrior Prestige Archetypes by Carl Cramer. This series is quickly coming to an end. This week we released two new volumes the Smuggler Guide and the Stalwart Defender. The first set of Prestige Archetypes sold well, I think mostly because of the name recognition on the traditional prestige classes. This second volume is about 70% paid for so I suspect it will break even but its been a much longer road to turning a profit on it. As we get very little direct feedback as to why so we can only speculate (don't like this mix of PRCs, do not like warrior classes, do not need any more of these?). No real idea, but with the slow burn on this one it might be difficult to okay a "Arcane Prestige Archetypes" or "Divine Prestige Archetype" or "Roguish Prestige Archetypes" or "Psionic Prestige Archetypes".
- Purple Duck Storeroom: Heraldric Device by Sam Hing. This book fell into my lap one day when Sam sent me an email to see if I wanted to buy a book like this. I sort of suspect he wrote it and farmed it around a bit eventually ending with me. Which is just fine. I liked the concept and Perry finish a little development on it and now its out there waiting for your feedback.
|The corpulent template is the newest addition to|
Monsters of Porphyra II. This art was made by
There haven't been a ton of reviews lately but I thought I would share the ones that I know about:
Yes, I am still working on my patreon project for Monsters of Porphyra II. Currently, I have completed about 90 monsters for the new book including four in the month of June. As of right now I have four pieces of art needing statistics, and seven more pieces of art on order and twenty-two more monsters requested. If you have the inclination please come help fund this book, pick some monster for me to toil away at and recieve more PDG content.